Condor Liberation

Ferries serving the Jersey, Guernsey, St Malo and the UK
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by hhvferry »

She has now commenced her Guernsey to France (Cherbourg) sailings.

hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by hhvferry »

First BF Portsmouth sailing was on Friday.

khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

Anyone seen any reviews of her since she started doing Portsmouth - Cherbourg?
vernon
Barfleur
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by vernon »

She ran a couple of hours late on Sunday 5th after late positioning move from Poole to Portsmouth. 
rogerpatenall
Cotentin
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by rogerpatenall »

We travelled Portsmouth - Cherbourg and returned Cherbourg - Poole on the Liberation at the end of May, with Club seats. We were not impressed with any aspect of the crossings, except to say perhaps that toilet provision is somewhat more generous than on the Express. There were not enough positives to merit writing a review. 

What did shock me somewhat concerned the unloading of vehicles. Both crossings were busy and vehicles were packed in. Unloading was virtually unsupervised each time with drivers (on the upper deck where we were) taking their chances. He who hesitated was left!   
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

I am on her in a couple of weeks time, Condor are doing special day trips to Guernsey, grabbed one, was going on Barfleur first, but a promo email from Condor popped up, special offer day trips for £30.  Arrive in Guernsey at 11.55, depart in early evening, so jumped at that as wilo get the chance to explore a bit more of Guernsey than the time usually allows.  Plus I can finally get to the Apple shop there.  Just took the chance to book a day trip, they had a special offer on to book for a few days.
vikingvoyager
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by vikingvoyager »

khaines wrote: 24 Jun 2022 14:36 I am on her in a couple of weeks time, Condor are doing special day trips to Guernsey, grabbed one, was going on Barfleur first, but a promo email from Condor popped up, special offer day trips for £30.  Arrive in Guernsey at 11.55, depart in early evening, so jumped at that as wilo get the chance to explore a bit more of Guernsey than the time usually allows.  Plus I can finally get to the Apple shop there.  Just took the chance to book a day trip, they had a special offer on to book for a few days.

that sounds like a great value day. I suppose living down south does occasionally pay off!
BFMunchkin
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by BFMunchkin »

Condor Liberation was back in Portsmouth today, this time doing PEC runs. Today, 5 runs in & out were performed.

ConLib1.jpg

ConLib2.jpg

ConLib3.jpg
vernon
Barfleur
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by vernon »

Libby really struggling today.  Very late from Poole to Portsmouth.  Seemed to only manage 13 knots round the Island and for portions of journey to Cherbourg, where it arrived 2.5 hours late.  I've also posted an entry on the 'Website Problems' thread about the lack of any information about the delay.  No Tweets (only replies to very aggrieved passengers who had clearly not been warned as complaints about being trapped in "no-man's land" without refreshments.
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

No idea Liberation was in Falmouth, just wondered why she wasn’t docked in Poole so went on an AIS hunt, she’s in Falmouth dry dock.  I have obviously been out of the loop, presumably Goodwill being out of action the only Condor boat working would be Clipper.  Any idea how long Lib is out of service? 
shipbiulder101
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by shipbiulder101 »

khaines wrote: 09 Dec 2022 20:17 No idea Liberation was in Falmouth, just wondered why she wasn’t docked in Poole so went on an AIS hunt, she’s in Falmouth dry dock.  I have obviously been out of the loop, presumably Goodwill being out of action the only Condor boat working would be Clipper.  Any idea how long Lib is out of service? 

I beleive the Voyager may be helping out by taking the Liberation's duties helping when weather permits. As for when she is back in service there is nothing on Falmouths movements page.
Jojo68
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by Jojo68 »

Liberation entering Saint-Malo, and docked, in January 2021 :

SilverDot
Bretagne
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by SilverDot »

The fastest ferry on the Channel is back

Operating on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during school holiday periods from 26th May – 4th June and from 14th July – 3rd September 2023.
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

I would have classed NEX/Voyager as the fastest - she can really get a wriggle on.  Having sailed on both these two, Lib is fast but think she rarely attains her full potential.  Although she might well do more so nowadays.  Been on NEX when she was late arriving in Cherbourg from Portsmouth, was going back to Portsmouth on the return sailing.  About an hour after leaving Cherbourg she went like the clappers, to make up time I guess.  I felt like the Cheshire Cat outside at the back!

Having said that, have had a few Cheshire Cat moments on Lib too!
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

What IS she doing!

IMG_1667.jpeg

khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

Any idea when she is due back in Poole?  She is out of dry dock on AIS.
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

Lib taken out of service, gone tech.  Connected to her recent crossing on rough sea?

https://guernseypress.com/news/2024/01/ ... al-issues/
munstertillburgundy
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by munstertillburgundy »

khaines wrote: 09 Jan 2024 20:35 Lib taken out of service, gone tech.  Connected to her recent crossing on rough sea?

https://guernseypress.com/news/2024/01/ ... al-issues/
Paging ropax: we know reading is not as sexy as powerposting, but please READ

officially titled 'rather a minority' here  ;)
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

I guessed she’d go tech as payback for being sent out in that rough crossing..😂
khaines
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by khaines »

What is going on with Libby - today’s sailing cancelled due to bad weather but according to social media posts something is broken on her.  Some photos taken a couple days ago showed her out in heavy swell, and surprise surprise she is cancelled today. People have been taken off before departure apparently.  Heard several accounts - my neighbour works on her but not seen him yet today.   Not the first time she has been out in bad weather and then gone tech the day or so after.  She does not like heavy swell!
nickgsy
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

Condor Liberation

Post by nickgsy »

khaines wrote: 24 Mar 2024 15:48   She does not like heavy swell!
Yes most definitely the case..."she does not like heavy swell". Good job we now have 2 reliable ro paxes from Portsmouth offering a near twice daily passenger service from Portsmouth to CI to pick up the pieces when the fast ferry from Poole goes wrong. Which it often does.