Notifications

Information on how best to use the Forum including Guides, Rules, 'How To' etc..
Shipping-Forecast
Engine Room
Reactions:

Notifications

Post by Shipping-Forecast »

khaines wrote: 26 May 2024 19:48 I just wish the software on this forum notified me of replies - didn’t know about these!!🙄😂. 
To be notified if someone has posted in a topic you can subscribe, and/or use the notification and subscription settings.

To subscribe to a topic
For topics scroll to the bottom of the topic, click on the spanner menu on the left hand side, Subscribe to the topic.

To set how you are notified
Use Edit Notifications in the user Control Panel where you can set to get a notification via the forum notifications, email or both. Second option is "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed".

Go to - Drop down menu under your name > User Control Panel > Board Preferences (third tab), Edit Notifications (bottom of left hand menu on desktop/iPad, or bottom of the first menu on mobile).

To auto subscribe to every topic you post on
If you would like to automatically subscribe to every topic you post in 

Go to - Drop down menu under your name > User Control Panel > Board Preferences (third tab), Edit Posting Defaults (second item left hand menu on desktop/iPad, or large menu on mobile) > Notify me upon replies by default (bottom). Yes is auto subscribe, no turns it off.

Manage your subscriptions
If you have subscribed to topics and would like to alter the subscription either go to the topic and unsubscribe, or go to Manage Subscriptions in the User Control Panel.

Go to - Drop down menu under your name > User Control Panel > Manage Subscriptions (second item left hand menu on desktop/iPad, or large menu on mobile).