Moby Corse ex-Dana Anglia, Duke of Scandinavia, Pont l'Abbé (IMO 7615414)

Information about the Brittany Ferries Fleet past, present and future
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Post by hhvferry »

The other spare ship is the Moby Corse (the former Pont l'Abbe/Dana Anglia); it may be remembered that last summer she was chartered by SNAV (an associate company of GNV) to operate their Ancona to Split route whilst the regular ship the Aurelia was on one of the Italian government's migrant accommodation ship charters in Sicily.

The seasonal Ancona-Split route is due to start again on 25th May and no ship has yet been specified.

The Aurelia is still down in Sicily, despite the government charters supposedly having come to an end.

If the Aurelia doesn't reappear the Moby Corse is a likely candidate to be chartered again. She is presently laid up in Livorno, as seen in the picture below taken yesterday (the ship in the foreground is the Moby Vincent, formerly Sealink's Stena Normandica/St Brendan). You can see the Moby name on the Corse's hull, which was painted out for the charter last year, is still absent).

hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Moby Lines

Post by hhvferry »

Another recent view of the Moby Corse.

ryanh
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

Moby Lines

Post by ryanh »

Is it my eyesight or did they go to the trouble of welding the letters of her name on to the hull? Certainly seemed to do a thorough job from what I've seen of her internal refit. 
crechbleiz
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

Moby Lines

Post by crechbleiz »

Pont L'abbé had quite a few faults but I have fond memories of my many crossings to Roscoff in 2008. The picture of her next to Moby Zaza just made me realise how big she is for her ferry of her era.

​​​​​​
northy
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

Moby Lines

Post by northy »

crechbleiz wrote: 10 May 2022 19:36 Pont L'abbé had quite a few faults but I have fond memories of my many crossings to Roscoff in 2008. The picture of her next to Moby Zaza just made me realise how big she is for her ferry of her era.

​​​​​​
As Dana Anglia she was a class act serving Esbjerg. She held her own, even in the company of the slightly older but bigger Tor sisters (Drea and Otta) If nothing else Moby do a good job of keeping the memories alive! She still looks in great condition. 

hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Moby Lines

Post by hhvferry »

ryanh wrote: 10 May 2022 19:28 Is it my eyesight or did they go to the trouble of welding the letters of her name on to the hull? Certainly seemed to do a thorough job from what I've seen of her internal refit. 

Yes, they tend to do proper jobs on their external livery treatments. It's sobering somehow to realise she's been with them for over 12 years now.

mobycorse_livorno.JPG
mobycorse_livorno.JPG
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Moby Corse ex-Pont l'Abbe, Duke of Scandinavia, Dana Anglia (IMO: 7615414)

Post by hhvferry »

Instagram image of her in Split during her current charter to SNAV with Jadrolinija's Zadar and Marco Polo in the background.

hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Post by hhvferry »

The Moby Corse's season appears to be going well, as is the case for quite a few operators in southern Europe.

SNAV have added a few more day sailings to her itinerary in August (eight extra sailings in total over a four week period) bumping up her usual schedule of eight sailings per week (seven overnight with a Saturday day sail to balance it out) a little.

The press, of course, report this straight from SNAV's press release as the company "doubling" sailings - which is true for a handful of days but hardly the full picture - she will now make on average ten sailings a week as opposed to the previous eight.
Snav doubles departures for Croatia from 6 August
zuludelta
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

Post by zuludelta »

That's a really fantastic shot!
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Post by hhvferry »

Moby Corse, until now without a route allocation for this summer, will be deployed on Moby's seasonal Genoa to Bastia route from its reopening in May until the end of June. This presumably reflects the sanctions issues affecting the Moby Orli mentioned on the Moby thread. The Orli is still showing as picking up operations from 1st July.
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

Post by hhvferry »

hhvferry wrote: 18 Sep 2023 13:55 The Moby Lines summer season is drawing to a close. The Moby Corse and Moby Otta both arrived this morning on their final sailings of the year from Bastia and Olbia respectively whilst the Moby Drea is on the other end of the Olbia schedules and finishes up with her Genoa arrival tomorrow morning.

That's it for the Genoa-Bastia route for this year (the Moby Vincent, assuming she doesn't break down again, continues on Livorno-Bastia until late October). Various ships of the group but mostly Moby Aki and Moby Wonder continue to make Genoa-Olbia rotations, but now without the duplicate sailings of the Drea/Otta.

The Corse and Otta have swiftly moved from the ferry port out to the Genoa shipyard area, joining the kaput Sardinia Vera and the long laid up Moby Dada. Assuming the Drea joins them there tomorrow all four of Moby's ex DFDS ships will be laid up in close proximity.
Here's the Moby Corse yesterday afternoon inbound to Bastia.

As previously discussed she remains without Moby markings which were painted out when she first went on charter to SNAV a couple of years ago and have never been restored.

Moby Corse, 17/09/23
Moby Corse, 17/09/23