EuroAfrica

Scandinavian Ferries serving Northern Europe and the Baltic that do not serve the UK or Ireland
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

COPERNICUS in berth 4 and EPSILON in berth 3 in Trelleborg a Friday afternoon
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

It just stroke me that it doesn't say Unity Line on the hull side of EPSILON, as seen on the image above.
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by szcz49 »

Risberg wrote: 11 Jun 2024 12:25 It just stroke me that it doesn't say Unity Line on the hull side of EPSILON, as seen on the image above.

Yeah, it doesn't look good. When Epsilon was in the repair shipyard in Szczecin, the weather conditions were terrible, which made it difficult to paint the logo. This was postponed until the next shipyard visit.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

szcz49 wrote: 12 Jun 2024 06:23
Risberg wrote: 11 Jun 2024 12:25 It just stroke me that it doesn't say Unity Line on the hull side of EPSILON, as seen on the image above.

Yeah, it doesn't look good. When Epsilon was in the repair shipyard in Szczecin, the weather conditions were terrible, which made it difficult to paint the logo. This was postponed until the next shipyard visit.

Reminds me of how long it took before the TT-ferries AKKA, TINKER BELL and PETER PAN got their images.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 11 Jun 2024 12:25 It just stroke me that it doesn't say Unity Line on the hull side of EPSILON, as seen on the image above.
Another funny detail: As the EuroAfrica's funnels are yellow to the left and blue to the right on both the port and starboard side, the backside of the funnel (on f.ex. GALILEUSZ and COPERNICUS) is divided, with a blue port side and yellow starboard side. Not so on EPSILON, where the entire backside is blue.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

EPSILON fully loaded indeed. The two lorries on the ramp are not on their way up to upper deck, they are parked there.
eepoxi
Cotentin
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by eepoxi »

EuroAfrica isnt scandinavian why is it here:/
Hello, I'm Eepoxi and I am from Finland. I like ferries a lot because they are very nice:) 
szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by szcz49 »

eepoxi wrote: 16 Jun 2024 10:45 EuroAfrica isnt scandinavian why is it here:/

Because Euroafrica owns 3 ferries that sail to Scandinavia
eepoxi
Cotentin
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by eepoxi »

Thats a pretty misleading name...
Hello, I'm Eepoxi and I am from Finland. I like ferries a lot because they are very nice:) 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

eepoxi wrote: 16 Jun 2024 20:27 Thats a pretty misleading name...
Maybe so, but you should be discussing this in "Promenade deck", "Our forums".

hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by hhvferry »

They use the shared trading name Unity Line in official marketing for their ferry business. The EuroAfrica name remains relevant for their other shipping interests.

Regardless, it's no less 'misleading' than P&O for example.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Risberg »

hhvferry wrote: 16 Jun 2024 20:37 They use the shared trading name Unity Line in official marketing for their ferry business. The EuroAfrica name remains relevant for their other shipping interests.

Regardless, it's no less 'misleading' than P&O for example.
@hhvferry, I believe that @eepoxi means that EuroAfrica is not Scandinavian, but Polish, and does therefore not belong to "Scandinavian Ferries". 

Shipping-Forecast
Engine Room
Reactions:

EuroAfrica

Post by Shipping-Forecast »

eepoxi wrote: 16 Jun 2024 20:27 Thats a pretty misleading name...
Please clarify, is the name of the company misleading or the forum name?