TT Line Operations

Scandinavian Ferries serving Northern Europe and the Baltic that do not serve the UK or Ireland
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TOM SAWYER obviously runs the Karlshamn - Klaipéda - Karlshamn service of MARCO POLO now, until the latter returns.
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
SarreC
MN Pelican
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by SarreC »

Does anyone know when Marco Polo will be back in operation?
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

SarreC wrote: 10 Jun 2024 07:45 Does anyone know when Marco Polo will be back in operation?

viewtopic.php?p=29751&hilit=marco+polo#p29751 But that didn't happen, so something must have been more difficult to repair than expected. I'm still surprised that they bothered to repair her, considering her size, lacking bow-loading ability, age and damages.
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by szcz49 »

SarreC wrote: 10 Jun 2024 07:45 Does anyone know when Marco Polo will be back in operation?

Currently, on the Lithuanian website of TT-Line, the first Marco Polo cruise is scheduled for a week - on Monday, June 17 in the evening from Klaipeda to Karlshamn.
PatriaS
Barfleur
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by PatriaS »

szcz49 wrote: 10 Jun 2024 09:31

Currently, on the Lithuanian website of TT-Line, the first Marco Polo cruise is scheduled for a week - on Monday, June 17 in the evening from Klaipeda to Karlshamn.

Has she actually been repaired?
szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by szcz49 »

PatriaS wrote: 10 Jun 2024 22:28
szcz49 wrote: 10 Jun 2024 09:31

It is still on the dock in the repair shipyard in Gdańsk.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

szcz49 wrote: 11 Jun 2024 06:26
PatriaS wrote: 10 Jun 2024 22:28

It is still on the dock in the repair shipyard in Gdańsk.
And still, a week later.

drydock
MN Pelican
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by drydock »

But she's now moving around the shipyard in Gdansk...
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

drydock wrote: 21 Jun 2024 04:54 But she's now moving around the shipyard in Gdansk...

According to the GST she is still at the same quay in Gdánsk. But maybe she is finally getting prepaired to be put into service?   
SarreC
MN Pelican
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by SarreC »

She has left gdansk port now, looks like they test driving her around the port site.
szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by szcz49 »

Marco Polo has just left the Gdańsk shipyard after 7 months of damage analysis and extensive renovation. Currently, the ferry's destination is Travemunde. Currently, it is located in the roadstead of the Gdańsk port
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

szcz49 wrote: 21 Jun 2024 17:44 Marco Polo has just left the Gdańsk shipyard after 7 months of damage analysis and extensive renovation. Currently, the ferry's destination is Travemunde. Currently, it is located in the roadstead of the Gdańsk port

Arriving Travemünde 11th November this year!
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 21 Jun 2024 19:00
szcz49 wrote: 21 Jun 2024 17:44 Marco Polo has just left the Gdańsk shipyard after 7 months of damage analysis and extensive renovation. Currently, the ferry's destination is Travemunde. Currently, it is located in the roadstead of the Gdańsk port

Arriving Travemünde 11th November this year!

She is now in the Bay of Mecklenburg and has deleted the info about when she is expected to Travemünde.
drydock
MN Pelican
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by drydock »

Marco Polo now scheduled to leave Travemunde for Trelleborg on June 25th at 15:45. I guess this is the first commercial service since the accident...
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

drydock wrote: 22 Jun 2024 20:24 Marco Polo now scheduled to leave Travemunde for Trelleborg on June 25th at 15:45. I guess this is the first commercial service since the accident...

And then she obviously will do a round-trip to Travemünde, before leaving Trelleborg for Klaipéda via Karlshamn (!) 27th at 11.30 a.m.