TT Line Operations

Scandinavian Ferries serving Northern Europe and the Baltic that do not serve the UK or Ireland
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

PETER PAN got loose from her tows last Thursday night, and blew ino NILS DACKE aft to aft. Both ferries had crew but none of them passengers. NILS DACKE hadn't started loading, due to the weather. None of the ferries got damages, and NILS DACKE could sail when the weather allowed.
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

I hadn't followed TOM SAWYER since she arrived at Gothenburg, but according to the GTS she left Trelleborg at 3.44 a.m. Thursday 28th and arrived at Gdánsk at 6.25 p.m., where she now is. Nearly 15 hours from Trelleborg to Gdánsk! That's only four hours less than when the steam train ferries DROTTNING VICTORIA and KONUNG GUSTAF V sailed between the ports 1945-46. 
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

NILS HOLGERSSON, supposed to arrive at 7 a.m. and leave again for Rostock and Travemünde at 9.30 a.m., is circling outside Trelleborg, hesitating to enter the harbour of Trelleborg.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 03 Jan 2024 08:04 NILS HOLGERSSON, supposed to arrive at 7 a.m. and leave again for Rostock and Travemünde at 9.30 a.m., is circling outside Trelleborg, hesitating to enter the harbour of Trelleborg.
And TINKER BELL should have arrived at 8.30 a.m. and leave for Świnoujście at 10 a.m., but she has neither arrived to the port. She is a bit further away than NILS HOLGERSSON, but doesn't have a straight course to Trelleborg.

Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

According to the TT-Line homepage AKKA now has taken over the 9.30 departure to Rostock and Travemünde. She is in the port, all right, but 9.30 was 75 minutes ago!

Thereby AKKA's 4 p.m. departure has been cancelled.

TINKER BELL, still not entering the port, is still supposed to leave for Świnoujście 45 minutes ago.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Why don't they let NILS DACKE take over TINKER BELL's departure to Świnoujście? Like AKKA, she has been in the port all morning.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

AKKA shows no signs to be ready for departure - hasn't even lit the lanterns. But TT-Line's wishful homepage still claims that she left at 9.30, according to timetable, as well as TINKER BELL, at 10 a.m. (she has still not entered the harbour).
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

There AKKA departs for Rostock and Travemünde, 4 1/2 hours late according to the original schedule for NILS HOLGERSSON. Ironically AKKA had a departure in two hours, 4 p.m., on the original schedule. TINKER BELL's departure at 10 a.m. to Świnoujście is now removed from the homepage (never seen TT-Line use the word cancelled on their homepage, they just remove the departure). 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

PETER PAN is in Rostock, to where she came from Travemünde. She is obviously not going to continue to Trelleborg. Tonights departure from Trelleborg at 10 p.m. is also removed from the homepage schedule.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

There TINKER BELL arrives at Trelleborg. Her next departure 2 a.m. to Świnoujście.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

PETER PAN is now returning from Rostock to Travemünde.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Now the passengers on NILS HOLGERSSON have enjoyed some 8 1/2 hours circling around in the open sea outside Trelleborg. Hopefully they were served free meals. But this is not the first time that one of the new Greenships doesn't dare to sail into the port, while other ferries go in and out. Have they built ferries that can't handle the weather that often occurs on the services they were built for?
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Finally, NILS HOLGERSSON enters the port (not that the weather has changed.)
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 03 Jan 2024 16:50 Finally, NILS HOLGERSSON enters the port (not that the weather has changed.)

NO! It wasn't NILS HOLGERSSON! She is still circling in the open sea outside Trelleborg! It was the arrival of MECKLENBURG-VORPOMMERN turning, that I have mistaken for her.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Now NILS DACKEs departure to Rostock at 10 p.m. seems to be cancelled as well.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Now the passengers on NILS HOLGERSSON has spent more than 24 hours on board.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

ROBIN HOOD obviously (according to GTS) left Karlshamn at 12.10 today, and went straight to Rostock!
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

So where are the TT-Line ferries now and where should they have been?
MARCO POLO shipsyard Gdánsk
HUCKLEBERRY FINN on her way from Klaipéda to Karlshamn
TOM SAWYER shipsyard Gdánsk
NILS DACKE in Trelleborg, should have left at 10 p.m. for Rostock
ROBIN HOOD left Karlshamn 12.20 and is now in Rostock
AKKA left Trelleborg 5 1/2 hours late at 3 p.m. and is now approaching Travemünde
TINKER BELL in Trelleborg, supposed to leave for Świnoujście at 2 a.m.
NILS HOLGERSSON left Travemünde at 10.20 p.m. yesterday and is circling outside Trelleborg since 7-8 a.m. this morning
PETER PAN never made it to Trelleborg, but returned from Rostock to Travemünde
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 03 Jan 2024 15:37 Now the passengers on NILS HOLGERSSON have enjoyed some 8 1/2 hours circling around in the open sea outside Trelleborg. Hopefully they were served free meals. But this is not the first time that one of the new Greenships doesn't dare to sail into the port, while other ferries go in and out. Have they built ferries that can't handle the weather that often occurs on the services they were built for?

Personally I think this is a scandal. That PETER PAN chooses to turn back to Travemünde from Rostock is OK, as is the cancelled departure for NILS DACKE. But to keep passengers on NILS HOLGERSSON for probably 35 hours, 26 of them circling outside Trelleborg, is not acceptable. They could have tried Malmö (the Finnlines' ferries seem to sail according to schedule), or maybe even the new port in Ystad (Polferries seem also to sail as normal). I'm aware of that that would have required pilot, that can be a problem of its own in hard weather. But above all, are NILS HOLGERSSON and PETER PAN at all suitable for services to Trelleborg, considering that the Stena train ferries sail according to schedule and even their own AKKA manage to leave Trelleborg, although some hours late.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Finally, at 7 a.m. NILS HOLGERSSON entered the port of Trelleborg, after 24 hour in the open sea outside and a total journey of 33 hours.

Right after her ROBIN HOOD arrived from Rostock.

NILS DACKE left Trelleborg at 11.30 p.m. and has just arrived at Rostock.

TINKER BELL never left for Świnoujście.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

ROBIN HOOD is now being loaded, but her next scheduled departure is tomorrow at 9.30 a.m. for Rostock and Travemünde!?  
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

NILS HOLGERSSON is actually leaving now for Rostock and Travemünde, according to schedule. Is ROBIN HOOD simply supplying for those who were booked on yesterday's cancelled trips? And what about the departure for Świnoujście - TINKER BELL is still in her berth. Her next scheduled departure is 9.45 p.m. tonight. Świnoujście seems to be just a problematic port in sormy weather as Trelleborg.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

ROBIN HOOD just left Trelleborg for an unscheduled voyage to Świnoujście (probably taking the lorries that should have left by TINKER BELL at 2 a.m.).
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Now obviously something is wrong with TINKER BELL. She should have left for Świnoujście at 10 a.m. Tuesday, but never did. Then she should have left at 2 a.m. yesterday night. She didn't either. Instead ROBIN HOOD sailed to Świnoujście this forenoon, what now delays her departure to Rostock by 5 hours, from 11.55 p.m. to 4.55 a.m. tonight. TINKER BELL's next scheduled departure was half an hour ago, at 9.45 p.m. AKKA just made that departure to Świnoujście. Now TINKER BELL is supposed to go to Świnoujście at 3.30 p.m. tomorrow.

HUCKLBERRY FINN seems to run Karlshamn – Klaipéda only, probably because MARCO POLO is being repaired and TT-Line no longer charter URD? So tomorrow AKKA is supposed to leave for Klaipéda from Trelleborg at 11.55 a.m.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

At least PETER PAN now leaves, only 15 minutes late, for Travemünde. I hope she'll be doing that tomorrow as well, because I have a ticket to that departure.