TT Line Operations

Scandinavian Ferries serving Northern Europe and the Baltic that do not serve the UK or Ireland
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 26 Nov 2023 20:34 Latest from TT-Line fantasy schedules:
HUCKLEBERRY FINN Trelleborg – Rostock tomorrow. Scheduled departure 3.30 p.m., arrival at Rostock 10 p.m. (6 1/2 hours). Already changed departure 8 p.m., arrival at Rotock 1.45 a.m. (5 3/4 hours!).
Now suddenly HUCKLEBERRY FINNs departure time is 10 p.m., supposed to arrive to Rostock at 6.45 a.m. (8 3/4 hours). And now she is no longer delayed, but sailing "according to schedule". (Reminds me of going by train in China. There you absolutely must know your train number, because that's the only thing that tells you what is your train - they also change the departure times (at each station) according to the delay at the moment.)

Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

The sister ship BENIAMINO CARNEVALE of Moby/Tirrenia, about which there were also rumors at the time of the sale of the MARCO POLO to TT-Line, that TT was also interested in her, was sold to unnamed Turkish interested parties. After an engine room fire with engine damage in January 2022 she laid in Naples.

While the ship was being towed from Naples to Tuzla starting last Friday, she stranded the night to Sunday on the beach in the towns of Rometta Marea/Villafranca (west of the entrance to the Strait of Messina) on the north coast of Sicily, after the towing connection broke last night near the volcanic island of Stromboli.

BENIAMO CARNEVALE in Naples this spring
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
MarkoPolo
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by MarkoPolo »

Risberg wrote: 27 Nov 2023 14:13 Now suddenly HUCKLEBERRY FINNs departure time is 10 p.m., supposed to arrive to Rostock at 6.45 a.m. (8 3/4 hours). And now she is no longer delayed, but sailing "according to schedule". (Reminds me of going by train in China. There you absolutely must know your train number, because that's the only thing that tells you what is your train - they also change the departure times (at each station) according to the delay at the moment.)

This is just - sad. It's equal to making jokes out of both passengers and freight customers. Just changing departure times and schedules to look like everything is OK, but when one books a ferry, it's definitely not OK if his departure time is postponed for half a day. 
OK, when it happens from time to time because of some bad weather or malfunction. But at TT Line, it's now happening on a regularly basis. Soon the criticized GNV and Moby will look like a very reliable service compared to TT Line chaos. 
I already said once, and probably will repeat again: it feels like TT Line is on a brink of total collapse. 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

MarkoPolo wrote: 27 Nov 2023 15:30
Risberg wrote: 27 Nov 2023 14:13 Now suddenly HUCKLEBERRY FINNs departure time is 10 p.m., supposed to arrive to Rostock at 6.45 a.m. (8 3/4 hours). And now she is no longer delayed, but sailing "according to schedule". (Reminds me of going by train in China. There you absolutely must know your train number, because that's the only thing that tells you what is your train - they also change the departure times (at each station) according to the delay at the moment.)

This is just - sad. It's equal to making jokes out of both passengers and freight customers. Just changing departure times and schedules to look like everything is OK, but when one books a ferry, it's definitely not OK if his departure time is postponed for half a day. 
OK, when it happens from time to time because of some bad weather or malfunction. But at TT Line, it's now happening on a regularly basis. Soon the criticized GNV and Moby will look like a very reliable service compared to TT Line chaos. 
I already said once, and probably will repeat again: it feels like TT Line is on a brink of total collapse. 
When I have booked tickets by TT-Line the last years, I've often done it far in advance. It has always been another departure time than when I booked, could be earlier, could be later, and often another ship as well.

MarkoPolo
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by MarkoPolo »

How can one rely on such a company then? 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 27 Nov 2023 14:13
Risberg wrote: 26 Nov 2023 20:34 Latest from TT-Line fantasy schedules:
HUCKLEBERRY FINN Trelleborg – Rostock tomorrow. Scheduled departure 3.30 p.m., arrival at Rostock 10 p.m. (6 1/2 hours). Already changed departure 8 p.m., arrival at Rotock 1.45 a.m. (5 3/4 hours!).
Now suddenly HUCKLEBERRY FINNs departure time is 10 p.m., supposed to arrive to Rostock at 6.45 a.m. (8 3/4 hours). And now she is no longer delayed, but sailing "according to schedule". (Reminds me of going by train in China. There you absolutely must know your train number, because that's the only thing that tells you what is your train - they also change the departure times (at each station) according to the delay at the moment.)

No! HUCKLEBERRY FINN is not going to Rostock at all, she is going to Świnoujście!

It's nearly like to old Vera Lynn song (modified lyrics): We'll sail again, don't know where(to), don't know when, But we'll might sail again, with some ship

MarkoPolo
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by MarkoPolo »

Seems like NILS DACKE is going to Rostock instead, departing 22.30. And the 15.30 departure to Rostock was covered by AKKA. 
Hopefully it was just a ship change, not reservations change too. 
Probably it would be better if they started doing like Corsica Ferries, to simply hide the operating vessel, because you don't know until the last minute which one will operate your route anyway. 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

HUCKLEBERRY FINN left on time! (Or to the wrong port 6 1/2 hours late, depending on which schedule you refer to.)
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TINKER BELL lies completely still out in the open sea, and seems to hesitate to enter the port in the easterly wind.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 05 Dec 2023 10:08 TINKER BELL lies completely still out in the open sea, and seems to hesitate to enter the port in the easterly wind.
Now she is finally entering.
martupls
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by martupls »

The Tom Sawyer is now anchored at Algeciras and she is doing a fuel bunker. Maybe she'll go to the dry dock but the chosen one is unknown. 

Niall1974
Cotentin
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Niall1974 »

martupls wrote: 17 Dec 2023 22:45 The Tom Sawyer is now anchored at Algeciras and she is doing a fuel bunker. Maybe she'll go to the dry dock but the chosen one is unknown. 

She's heading to Santander before heading for the Baltic
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Niall1974 wrote: 18 Dec 2023 01:50
martupls wrote: 17 Dec 2023 22:45 The Tom Sawyer is now anchored at Algeciras and she is doing a fuel bunker. Maybe she'll go to the dry dock but the chosen one is unknown. 

She's heading to Santander before heading for the Baltic
So, she will come back to the Baltic?

ropax
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by ropax »

I think so - there is no job for her in South Europe in the winter.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

NILS DACKE just arrived, but has no scheduled departure from Trelleborg in the near future, so obviously will she dock in some shipyard.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 19 Dec 2023 21:27 NILS DACKE just arrived, but has no scheduled departure from Trelleborg in the near future, so obviously will she dock in some shipyard.
She is now on her way to Klaipéda, but not on a scheduled voyage.

szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by szcz49 »

Nils Dacke appears on the schedule on December 22 with a night cruise to Świnoujście. He is to spend Christmas in Świnoujście
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

szcz49 wrote: 20 Dec 2023 08:30 Nils Dacke appears on the schedule on December 22 with a night cruise to Świnoujście. He is to spend Christmas in Świnoujście

No, on the Swedish home page she'll sail to Travemünde 22nd December. It's 23rd December she'll sail to Świnoujście. But this is anyway strange, however not the first time that a TT-Ferry have sailed to Klaipéda without showing in the schedule.
martupls
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by martupls »

The Tom Sawyer is now at Santander. Not sure if she is just waiting before going to the shipyard there or if it's only a stop before she would go to the Baltic.
martupls
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by martupls »

martupls wrote: 22 Dec 2023 02:01 The Tom Sawyer is now at Santander. Not sure if she is just waiting before going to the shipyard there or if it's only a stop before she would go to the Baltic.

She's now going to Gotenborg.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TOM SAWYER and EPSILON are now pretty close to eachother, outside Cornwall.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 24 Dec 2023 09:33 TOM SAWYER and EPSILON are now pretty close to eachother, outside Cornwall.

They are both between England and the Netherlands, now, EPSILON outside the West Frisian Islands, expected arrival to Trelleborg Wednesday morning at 8 o'clock, TOM SAWYER outside Iljmuiden, expected arrival to Gothenburg tomorrow evening at  8.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TOM SAWYER now have reached the waters west of Vendsyssel (norther Jutland, Denmark).
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TT-Line Space Christmas schedules vary from day to day as usual. All ships in service, except ROBIN HOOD, and no service to Klaipéda (at least from Trelleborg).
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TOM SAWYER is approaching Gothenburg right now.