TT Line Operations

Scandinavian Ferries serving Northern Europe and the Baltic that do not serve the UK or Ireland
Shipping-Forecast
Engine Room
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Shipping-Forecast »

For TT Line operations, for the company generally please see TT Line.
MarkoPolo
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by MarkoPolo »

The new Nils Holgersson left Travemünde last night with more than 3 hours delay, at 01:24 instead of 22:00. Now halfway through to Trelleborg, his return service at 10:00 is cancelled (?) and he is now scheduled to sail at 15:00 to Świnoujście. 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

MarkoPolo wrote: 30 Oct 2022 05:59 The new Nils Holgersson left Travemünde last night with more than 3 hours delay, at 01:24 instead of 22:00. Now halfway through to Trelleborg, his return service at 10:00 is cancelled (?) and he is now scheduled to sail at 15:00 to Świnoujście. 

The funny thing is that on TT Line's Swedish web site  she still has a scheduled departure to Świnoujście at 8.15 (half an hor ago), although she still hasn't arrived.
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Risberg wrote: 30 Oct 2022 07:47
MarkoPolo wrote: 30 Oct 2022 05:59 The new Nils Holgersson left Travemünde last night with more than 3 hours delay, at 01:24 instead of 22:00. Now halfway through to Trelleborg, his return service at 10:00 is cancelled (?) and he is now scheduled to sail at 15:00 to Świnoujście. 

The funny thing is that on TT Line's Swedish web site  she still has a scheduled departure to Świnoujście at 8.15 (half an hor ago), although she still hasn't arrived.

There her scheduled departure changed to 3 p.m. even on the Swedish web site. Now TT Line really must have a problem with their bookings. How do passengers feel, who has driven all night to reach the 8.15 a.m. departure, just to get the message that, sorry, the departure has been moved to 3 p.m.?
Author of "Fra LILLEBELT to SKÅNE" about train ferries and other railway owned ships in Scandinavia and the Baltic, in Scandinavian with English summaries. Free pdf-version by contacting me on "Private messages"
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

One can ask oneself why on Earth the NILS HOLGERSSON originally had a scheduled departure to Świnoujście at 8.15 a.m., considering that the NILS DACKE left for the same destination just 75 minutes earlier!
MarkoPolo
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by MarkoPolo »

Risberg wrote: 30 Oct 2022 08:55 One can ask oneself why on Earth the NILS HOLGERSSON originally had a scheduled departure to Świnoujście at 8.15 a.m., considering that the NILS DACKE left for the same destination just 75 minutes earlier!

I am 100% sure that it was initially scheduled to depart Trelleborg at 10.00 to Travemünde. I've been looking for timetables a day before. 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

MarkoPolo wrote: 31 Oct 2022 08:45
Risberg wrote: 30 Oct 2022 08:55 One can ask oneself why on Earth the NILS HOLGERSSON originally had a scheduled departure to Świnoujście at 8.15 a.m., considering that the NILS DACKE left for the same destination just 75 minutes earlier!

I am 100% sure that it was initially scheduled to depart Trelleborg at 10.00 to Travemünde. I've been looking for timetables a day before. 

It wasn't, I checked on the Swedish web site at 8.00 - then it was still 8.15, although she'd just arrived. Sunday schedules are never, ever like other schedules - in fact every weekday has it's own schedule by the TT-Line.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

This autumn TT-Line has started with some strange nightly departures. Tonight, as an example, the PETER PAN leaves at 1.30 a.m. for Rostock, arriving at 9 a.m., and the TOM SAWYER leaves at 2 a.m. for Świnoujście, arriving at 8.30 a.m. Hardly very attractive, neither the departure nor the arrival time, both a bit too late.
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

The MARCO POLO leaves Trelleborg for Travemünde 2nd April at 5 p.m.

But there are other strange things in the timetable, like in the period of 3rd-6th June neither TOM SAWYER, MARCO POLO nor TINKER BELL are shown on the Travemünde, Rostock, Świnoujście nor Klaipéda services. Could that indicate a new service to Gdynia? 
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

TINKER BELL was supposed to leave Klaipéda for Trelleborg at 11 a.m. yesterday. Then it was changed to 11 p.m. yesterday. But she still hasn't left Klaipéda.

PETER PAN has just entered the Biscaya Bay, and is supposed to arrive at Zeebrugge tomorrow at 9 a.m.

MARCO POLO will leave Klaipéda for Trelleborg Tuesday 17th. 
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by hhvferry »

Risberg wrote: 15 Jan 2023 11:05 PETER PAN has just entered the Biscaya Bay, and is supposed to arrive at Zeebrugge tomorrow at 9 a.m.
It looks like she berthed safely in Zeebrugge at around 0900 local time. She's gone all the way in through the locks and into the Zuidelijk Insteekdok so it was about an hour and 45 minutes from arriving at the harbour entrance to being secured alongside.

Risberg wrote: 17 Jan 2023 10:20 And after one month at the shipyard the TINKER BELL arrived Trelleborg for the first time, but without Tinker Bell on the funnel. Peter Pan has been removed, though.

Well at least the company has welcomed the new name to the fleet; presumably the livery will be finished off as indicated in their social media stuff -

TT Line - welcome Tinker Bell
TT Line - welcome Tinker Bell

tt_welcometinkerbell_160123.jpg

Source: TT Line Instagram
alstomcorkdunkerque
Barfleur
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by alstomcorkdunkerque »

Risberg wrote: 13 Mar 2023 19:14 Actually,
1) as TT-Line probably is not offering any Trelleborg - Karlshamn service, and the Karlshamn - Klaipéda service thereby will be sort of isolated from the rest of the TT "network" and
2) as the MARCO POLO doesn't fit in with the rest off the TT Line fleet, but obviously is going to be the shuttle between Karlshamn and Klaipéda,
they could market that shuttle on its own as the KK Line (with the same yellow and blue stripes on the funnel and hull)
I have been checking their timetable (not in timetables page but in home page when you scroll down) and it seems like the Karlshamn - Klaipėda operated by the Marco Polo and Huckleberry Finn, but I also noticed that there is a Travemünde - Karlshamn route (with only the Huckleberry Finn) on the timetable as well.
Screenshot 2023-03-14 183439.png
Screenshot 2023-03-14 184401.png
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

alstomcorkdunkerque wrote: 14 Mar 2023 18:46
Risberg wrote: 13 Mar 2023 19:14 Actually,
1) as TT-Line probably is not offering any Trelleborg - Karlshamn service, and the Karlshamn - Klaipéda service thereby will be sort of isolated from the rest of the TT "network" and
2) as the MARCO POLO doesn't fit in with the rest off the TT Line fleet, but obviously is going to be the shuttle between Karlshamn and Klaipéda,
they could market that shuttle on its own as the KK Line (with the same yellow and blue stripes on the funnel and hull)
I have been checking their timetable (not in timetables page but in home page when you scroll down) and it seems like the Karlshamn - Klaipėda operated by the Marco Polo and Huckleberry Finn, but I also noticed that there is a Travemünde - Karlshamn route (with only the Huckleberry Finn) on the timetable as well.Screenshot 2023-03-14 183439.pngScreenshot 2023-03-14 184401.png
That could indicate a (Klaipéda -) Karlshamn - Trelleborg - Travemünde route. TT-Line announce Travemünde - Klaipéda and Rostock - Klaipéda, but those routes have always been via Trelleborg. 16 hours 25 minutes Karlshamn - Trelleborg - Travemünde sounds reasonable, considering that it takes (14-)18 hours from Trelleborg to Klaipéda, 6-8 hours Trelleborg to Travemünde and that they estimate 14 hours Karlshamn - Klaipéda. So, let's say 5 hours Karlshamn - Trelleborg - that gives you at least 3 hours to load and unload in Trelleborg.

ropax
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by ropax »

Travemünde - Karlshamn would be attractive in maybe around 9 or 10 hours without stop between anywhere, with a normal day- and a night-departure (10:00-20:00 - 22:00-8:00) similar as f.ex. Ventspils-Nynäshamn or Karlskrona-Gdynia. With ca. 21 knots no problem - the 4 youngest TT-ships could go max. ca. 25 knots... .
But super-slowly with 12,5 knots in 16:25 hours ??? With dep. 2:20 in the night ? Only some trailer without driver maybe will book it... . There is a big shortage of truck-drivers everywhere - no company can pay a driver for to hang around on a ferry 16,5 hours if there are other much shorter options.
And on the terrible old ferry Huckleberry Finn ??? They will laugh endlessly in the TT-offices if this would book a normal customer with car or motor-home and pay the very high price of 159,- (including many sleeping people on the floor in front of the elevators as many people are reporting ?) for this transport... .

From trustpilot, report from traveller Mario Götze 26.oct.22 google-translated and shorted:
"Ship Huckleberry Fin - Unfortunately now underground
Unfortunately now underground. Took the "Huckleberry Fin" overnight. Departed 90 minutes late, arrived 30 minutes late - no information from TT-Line. Worse, however, is the condition of the ferry - the restaurant floor was filthy, the chairs scuffed and stained, the shower stall looked like it was on a construction site, and the droppings on the shower curtain next to the toilet were disgusting..." .

and report from traveller Voto 14.sept.22 google-translated:
"Ferry Huckleberry Finn
I agree with most of the negative opinions.
the booked rooms just stank of dogs, the floor was very dirty and unbearable!
Shower and sink in a very dirty condition. Everything is just very poor and I will look for an alternative to the TT Line.
Please don't say that everything will get better here either, as the ferry certainly needs a general overhaul.
This has nothing to do with their advertising, no trace of relaxation, just pure stress and disgust!"

and report from traveller A M 8.sept.22 google-translated:
"Heavily discounted!
We have been using the TT-Line ferries for our Sweden holidays for many years. We always book a cabin with a window. Unfortunately, this year we found that the quality of the ferry, in this case the Huckleberry Finn, has dropped significantly. In the cabin everything is very badly worn. It also smells very strong. We were really scared. We will look for alternatives for future trips to Sweden..."

But the worst is: The old sisterferry Tom Sawyer is even worse in the reports - and the Stena routes from Rostock-Trelleborg and Kiel-Göteborg and also the Danmark routes are not better too with also a lot of super-negative reports - what i am saying since a lot of years - best and cheapest way to/from Sweden is via the danish bridges.   

Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

ropax wrote: 14 Mar 2023 21:37  best and cheapest way to/from Sweden is via the danish bridges.
And as usual, only considering those, travelling by their private car.
szcz49
Mont St Michel
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by szcz49 »

Now Tom Sawyer is heading to Zeebrugge
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

szcz49 wrote: 19 Mar 2023 06:40 Now Tom Sawyer is heading to Zeebrugge

Yes. I wonder what on Earth is going on!
Danim
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Danim »

Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:03 Yes. I wonder what on Earth is going on!

Maybe helping DFDS out with a delivery of Volvo's. It won't be the first time TT have been in Zeebrugge dropping off a few motors!
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Danim wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:49
Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:03 Yes. I wonder what on Earth is going on!

Maybe helping DFDS out with a delivery of Volvo's. It won't be the first time TT have been in Zeebrugge dropping off a few motors!
No, but the last time it was PETER PAN, coming from China. But TOM SAWYER never docked in Gothenburg and has definitely not loaded Volvo cars in Trelleborg.

Danim
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Danim »

Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:53 No

Loading then.
hhvferry
On The Bridge
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by hhvferry »

Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:03

Irish Ferries rumour mill alert!

(They'd be pretty desperate if they ended up with her tbh)
Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

Danim wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:58
Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:53 No

Loading then.
Now you are doing like @ropax, semi-quoting in a way that make the quoted text to say the opposite, of what the original text said. No was to It won't be the first time TT have been in Zeebrugge dropping off a few motors!

When it comes to loading in Zeebrugge, what would she load for which destination? Volvo cars? Where would they come from?

Risberg
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Risberg »

hhvferry wrote: 19 Mar 2023 08:13
Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:03

Irish Ferries rumour mill alert!

(They'd be pretty desperate if they ended up with her tbh)

Please, explain and develop!
tumnus2010
Bretagne
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by tumnus2010 »

She's the new Rosyth - Zeebrugge ship 🤣

As above is it possible she is picking up vehicles from Zeebrugge? 

Danim
Pont-Aven
Reactions:

TT Line Operations

Post by Danim »

Risberg wrote: 19 Mar 2023 08:55 Now you are doing like @ropax

Steady on. Maybe you should apply to be a forum moderator.

Wouldn't it be good if we all had all the answers, then there would be no point in a discussion forum and this site could just be ferry news channel!

Back to topic....